wanderlust series of events
Join us for a Variety of Fun and Exciting Events!
Wild, Wonderful Spring Fling (April 13th)
Our Wild, Wonderful Spring Fling is all about getting together with your friends and family, enjoying some excellent food, having a few drinks, and cutting loose.
Click To Call
Our culinary team has designed a fantastic menu for this event showcasing generational family recipes and the best of springtime Appalachian cuisine. Enjoy action stations and a buffet featuring chef-forged wild spring edibles (morels, chanterelles, ramps etc.) and a spectacular Beefchetta* display! The evening dine-around celebration also includes spring-infused moonshine cocktail mixology demonstrations and live music by Josh Folmsbee & The Crooked Roots!
Additionally, all of our outdoor recreation activities - from rounds of golf to pontoon and kayak rentals - will be available for you to enjoy over the weekend. Fresh air, good times and fantastic food await!
This package starts at just $285/couple and includes:
- Overnight accommodations for two in our newly renovated lodge
- Entry for two to the Wild, Wonderful Spring Fling culinary event at 6pm (Includes dinner, 2 moonshine cocktails, mixology demonstrations and live music)
- Access to our indoor/outdoor heated pool and hot tubs, daily 45 minute lake cruises on our 100-passenger double decker excursion boat, 16+ miles of hiking trails, and lakeside relaxation around our fire pit!
Chef Action Stations and Displays:
- Down-home Sautéed Bean & Cornbread Station
- Trio of Cornbread
- Tasso and Black Eyed Beans
- Butter Beans
- Ham Hock and White Beans
- Beefchetta* Carving Display
- Fried Chicken and Buckwheat Cake Station (Appalachian version of the classic Chicken and Waffles)
- Mac n’ Cheese Station
- Choose your toppings from bacon, scallions, roasted shallots, andouille sausage and more!
Appalachian Spring Buffet:
- Home-style homemade breads
- Fried potatoes and ramps
- Cornmeal dusted trout
- Salted pork onions and green beans
- Roasted Squash
Dessert Action Stations:
- Dried apple stack cake
- Local blackberry and WV hickory nut cobbler
- Molasses cookies
- Crackling cookies – A special recipe from our executive chef’s Italian grandmother
- Apple sauce pie
Cocktail Mixology Demonstrations:
- Smokey Moonshine Manhattan
- Apple Harvest Tea
- Thyme Shine Lemon Cooler
*What’s a Beefchetta? It’s a savory and moist boneless roast inspired by a classic Porchetta. Beefchetta weighs about 70lbs and includes 11 different cuts of beef that are seasoned, rolled, tied together and roasted for about 7 hours. The result is a crowd-pleasing tender outer layer of delectable short ribs encompassing mouthwatering medium rare ribeye steaks and NY strips. Welcome to beef paradise.
Cash bar will also be available. Rates do not include tax, resort fee or park enhancement fee. Must be 21+ to drink. Wild edibles may vary depending on the harvest.