Close to Nature. Far from Ordinary.
Updated May 29th, 2020
We continue to place the health and safety of our guests and employees as our most important business priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene while also utilizing best practice in terms of social distancing during all interactions.
Reopening to Serve You
During these Far from Ordinary times, being Close to Nature may just be more important than ever - both physically and mentally. Our team is eager to serve, and to provide you with an atmosphere that’s safe, soothing and serene.
Please Note: Per executive orders from our state governor, the available resort amenities and accommodations are only accessible to in-state residents until further notice.
At this time, the following accommodations, outlets and activities are open:
- Our lakeside lodge, campground and cottages
- Stillwaters Restaurant (Indoor and outdoor seating) View Menu
- The Palmer Course - Golf carts are available and are thoroughly sanitized prior to each use. Advance tee times are requested. For tee times, current rates or additional information related to golfing during this time, please call 304.269.8885.
- Park trails
- Lake water and marina slips
- Watercraft recreation rentals – such as kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddle boards etc.
The following amenities are anticipated to reopen soon
- Our indoor/outdoor pool will reopen on May 30th. The pool will observe capacity limitations in accordance with local health department guidelines.
- The Mtn. Laurel Spa is anticipated to reopen on June 12th.
As we reopen the resort in stages, we promise to always provide you with a getaway that’s relaxing, enjoyable and refreshing. Our reservations include flexible cancellation policies, should you decide to change your plans.
To ensure the safety of you and others, some of our amenities may not be available during our initial reopening phases. These amenities include the fitness center, Roanoke Building, Escape Room, Family Fun Room, Lightburn's Restaurant, Little Sorrel Cruise Boat, and Resort Shuttle. We will keep this page updated as additional amenities become available.
Your Well-Being is Our Priority
Our team continues to take extensive additional measures developed in consultation with local and global public health authorities to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. You’ll find antibacterial sanitization stations throughout the resort, but we do encourage you to bring and utilize cloth face coverings and hand sanitizers. To ensure your safety, we’re also modifying some of the ways we operate, including but not limited to:
- Encouraging safe physical distancing practices in all public areas.
- Reduced capacity in public areas.
- Modified housekeeping services.
- Intensified daily commitment to cleanliness and hygiene, including additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
- Increased cleaning frequency of all public areas utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
Now, More Than Ever.
Getting away from it all never looked so good. As we realize it may be needed now more than ever, we look forward to greeting you with the same warmth, care, and beauty Stonewall Resort is known for.
We invite you to enjoy our remote destination for a close-to-home getaway full of fresh air, tranquil lake waters, miles of hiking trails and plenty of wide-open spaces (1,900 acres!) in the seclusion of the great outdoors.
Given these unique circumstances, we remain committed to offering you flexible options with your bookings. For those looking to getaway and maintain additional distancing, our cottages and campground accommodations are a wonderful choice.
We’re committed to providing you with a clean, safe and relaxing experience.